Friday, September 2, 2011

my thoughts....

                       Let me just start out by saying.... I'm ready to change! I'm have been battling my weight issues for well like forever! Especially this last year. After I had Madelyn. I didn't go on a diet or exercise like most pregnant women do. I KNOW what happened was this: I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. I wasn't allowed to have sugar at all. I wasn't allowed to eat anything I wanted. I had to monitor my sugar intake 4 times a day. That was hard as hell. I did it of course with no questions asked! But after I had the baby I was able to eat anything I wanted. So I did. I'm not beating around the bush on this. ha ha. I did eat anything. I wanted too! I mean I didn't like eat an entire carton of ice cream in one sitting... haha! I just didn't diet. I am the kind of person I can talk about doing something till the cows come home. But actually doing it that can be a long process. I have talked about how much I hate the way I look for the last year all the time. However I NEVER did anything about it. Unfortunately, I wasn't born with the skinny gene. :( If I wanna look good I need to eat right and exercise. It is not a easy thing for me. I know I have to do this. I'm soooooo ready to start to feel good again. I wanna be proud of the way I look. If I feel like I look good then I will feel better. I wanna feel sexy ;)

                               I had have a hard time excepting my "mama body" Having a c-section really changes your body. Having to have my muscles cut through was not easy. My belly will never be the same. I'm learning in time that just by being a mother it makes me more beautiful than I ever was. This blog is not supposed to be a pity blog at all. Its just me expressing my biggest battle in life right now. In the beginning of this week. I have had a life changening moment. I have realized that I deserve to feel good about myself. Instead of just talking about it. But actually do something about it. I am the only person who can truly change me. I am ready. I am not doing anything severe. I don't do good at SUPER strict diets. So I'm not calling this a diet.. I'm just calling this a challenge to be healthy everyday. I need it. I want it. I never wanna be that mom. I don't wanna be able to not keep up with my daughter one day. I dont wanna get full blown diabetes as a older adult. I'm at greater risk. I wanna be healthy and feel good.  This past week I'm eating way better and exercising as often as possible. I'm ALREADY feeling better. It crazy how one day I just realized that I can do anything! I can lose the weight I want to. I'm the strongest person I know. I don't have a time line or a weight limit to reach.  But what I do have this time around is confidence in myself. I have confidence that I can do this and stick to it!

1 comment:

  1. You got this mama you can do it! Here for all the support you need!!

    ReplyDelete